Friday 11 May 2018

Print Making at Old Barns Elementary School


This week I had the pleasure of being an Artist in Residence at the Cobequid Consolidated Elementary School in Old Barns. 


I was invited to talk about myself and my life as an artist, followed by a print making demonstration. 


I demonstrated how to design and make a print using polystyrene trays as the 'print plate'. The students in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 then put their knowledge into practice to design their own prints.  


These are some of the results from the two days I was there. I simply love them! 


A big thank you to fabulous Jane Ross,  Grades 4/5 Teacher who tirelessly organized everything, and PAINTS, a program that helps schools in Nova Scotia bring professional visual artists into their classrooms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails